Last night I threw together a quick meal for Meatless Monday. I roasted some brussels sprouts and tossed with pasta to make an easy and delicious vegetarian meal. I have been on a serious roasted vegetable kick lately and if you haven’t tried roasted brussels sprouts yet, I highly recommend them. They’re so deliciously crispy on the outside and creamy in the middle and I can’t get enough of them! Recipe below:
Fresh Brussels Sprouts (about half a stalk? had some leftover in the fridge)
Rotini (or any other chunky pasta)
Salt & Pepper
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) While oven is preheating, remove brussels sprouts from stem and cut each on in half.
3) Toss sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4) Put sprouts on a baking sheet lined with foil and cook in oven for 30-35 minutes until starting to blacken on the outsides, flipping about halfway through.
5) While sprouts are cooking, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
6) While pasta is cooking, mince 2-3 cloves of garlic and cook for a couple minutes in about 1/4 cup of olive oil.
7) Throw the garlic olive oil and the roasted brussels sprouts in with the pasta, sprinkle on a little parmesan, and enjoy!
And there you have it! A quick and delicious meal that’s easy enough to throw together after work and yummy enough to make it seem like you did a lot of work!