A couple nights ago I made a scallop and shrimp dish with a sambuca cream sauce tossed over penne pasta. It might have been the most delicious thing I’ve ever eaten.
1) Bring salted water to a boil and throw in pasta.
2) Chop tomatoes and about a 1/4 cup of the fresh dill.
2) Cook in olive oil for about a minute.
3) Place your shrimp and scallops in the pan – making sure they are touching the actual pan and not on top of the tomatoes and dill. Cook 1-2 minutes until shrimp are pink. Flip shrimp and scallops over to the other side.
4) Pour in 1/3 cup sambuca into the pan and simmer for a couple of minutes. Add 1/2 cup of cream.
5) Once the pasta is done, drain and toss with the tomato, shrimp and sambuca mixture.
6) Think you’re in heaven.
After we ate all we could and were doing dishes, I looked over to see Ryan eating the leftovers straight out of the pot with a giant spoon because he loved it so much. It was definitely a big hit in this house!