Since winter has decided it doesn’t want to leave New England, I decided it was time for another yummy soup recipe to keep the cold and gloomy weather at bay!
Ham and Potato Soup
(adapted from allrecipes.com)
~4 cups chopped potatoes (I leave skins on, you can do either)
~1 cup chopped ham
1 small onion
~4 cups chicken broth
5 T butter
5 T flour
2 cups milk
1) Chop potatoes, ham, and onion and put into large pot.
2) Pour chicken broth into pot and bring to a boil.
3) Boil 10-15 minute or until potatoes are tender.
4) Meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan. When butter is melted slowly add flour, stirring constantly until mixture is the color of a new penny.
5) Add milk a little at a time, incorporating fully into the flour/butter mixture.
6) Add to pot with the rest of the ingredients and stir to mix.
7) Serve with some shredded cheddar cheese and a fresh loaf of crusty bread!